With good guidance, preparation, and coaching, the transition can be an ideal time of renewed energy and growth which is better than just ‘getting through a change’!
My philosophy in pastoral transitions is that a church can do better than just ‘getting through a change of pastors.’
- Churches needing to change their culture.
- Churches entering the Changeover Zone of a Pastoral Transition.
- 2nd Pastors Following a Founder — whether the church is a few months or more than 10 years old, it has never had a change of pastoral leadership and is at its most fragile time.
- Pastoral transitions involving long-tenured pastors — many similar dynamics are present when a church hasn’t had a pastoral leadership transition for more than 10 years.
- Larger church pastors — usually because growth has plateaued, or the church is going through some difficult time trying to be relevant and find renewed passion.
- Churches wanting to improve their hospitality.